World’s first e-commerce web site selling digitally-protected publication
An e-commerce Mall solution recruiting vendors to rent virtual stores and sell all kinds of publication online, supporting different methods of payments.
Our Customer aims to create an e-commerce solution such that any vendors can rent a virtual store and start doing business electronically. Based on a consignment model, the e-commerce provider will collect the payment first and the settlement to vendors is made monthly.
The solution is very complex because:
- It requires technically challenging integration with an existing authentication system
- The e-commerce mall solution must be adaptive to support different kinds of promotions and sales methods
- The user interface must be friendly and intuitive to let vendors manage their stores and products. Shoppers must find it easy to use.
- The Digital Rights Management (DRM) solution requires much customization to meet business requirements
- The custom-built, backend Mall Management system requires a lot of workflow and business logics
- Security and performance must be well-proven
After detailed consideration, it is decided to build the e-Mall based on IBM Websphere solution and Adobe DRM solution.
The backend Mall Management System was built on the latest Java framework. It is a totally web-based system and integrates with the Customer’s Accounting System.
Why DMA Solutions?
DMA has over 10 years of e-commerce experience and is well-positioned to take up the challenge. Our consultant listened to the customer, transforming its challenging business and technical requirements into a viable system.
- The Mall maximizes the product range by allowing all kinds of vendors to create their own online stores, manage and sell their products at ease online. The Mall automated the entire process, from order taking to monthly cost settlement. This is a win-win solution, on one hand, it ensures maximum product range is available in the Mall and it minimizes the setup cost of online selling for the vendors.
- Different sales promotion logics and price calculations are equipped in the system, in order to fairly promote the products from different stores. Multiple payment methods, both online and offline, are supported.
- Multiple shopping methods are built-in to suit different shoppers. Example, school purchasers buying bulk volume can leverage the School Purchase shopping method to ease the shopping and payment procedure.
- Shoppers using one account can access the Mall and the corporate site, simplifying the user account management process.
- The online Digital Rights Management function ensures the online publication is properly protected and Intellectual Property Rights are preserved.
- Staff can easily manage the vendors and the accounting details using the backend system.
- Java Technology
- Websphere Commerce
- Adobe Livecycle
- DB2 Database
We're Here To Help
Ways to get the answers you need.
- Address :
- 12/F, 69 Jervois Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Tel :
- (852) 2169 8400
- Fax :
- (852) 2169 8477
- Online Form:
- Contact us